Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

error during installation?

edited April 2016
Hi,
I'm trying to install genesis (v 5.1) but am consistently getting an error (copied in below), whether using gcc/g++ 4.8, 4.9 or 5.
I wonder whether it's got to do with the standard not being C++11 by default, or whether this is a completely separate issue. Please advise?
Thanks,
Carlijn

s1144826@sce-bio-c02886:~/progs/genesis-0.5.1$ make update
Running make with new files...
make -s -C build
-- Building RELEASE
-- Using threads
-- Building shared lib
-- No genesis applications found
-- Boost version: 1.54.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   python
-- Found Python Lib and Boost Python
-- Building Python module
-- Using boost shared libs: ON
-- Could NOT find GTest (missing:  GTEST_LIBRARY GTEST_MAIN_LIBRARY)
-- Gtest not found
CMake Warning at test/src/CMakeLists.txt:30 (message):
  Cannot build tests.

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/s1144826/progs/genesis-0.5.1/build
[ 42%] Built target genesis_lib_shared
[ 42%] Building CXX object python/src/CMakeFiles/genesis_python_module.dir/utils/math/histogram.cpp.o
/home/s1144826/progs/genesis-0.5.1/python/src/utils/math/histogram.cpp: In function ‘void PythonExportWrapper() [with T = PythonFuncWrapperClassutils_math_histogram_export]’:
/home/s1144826/progs/genesis-0.5.1/python/src/utils/math/histogram.cpp:190:94: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
         ( bool ( * )( Histogram const &, Histogram const & ))( &::genesis::utils::operator== ),
                                                                                              ^
make[3]: *** [python/src/CMakeFiles/genesis_python_module.dir/utils/math/histogram.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [python/src/CMakeFiles/genesis_python_module.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [update] Error 2

Comments

• Hi Carlijn,

that was an unfortunate combination of g++ and Boost Python which is not (yet) covered in the automated tests. I resolved it now. Please get the updated genesis v0.6.0 (https://github.com/lczech/genesis/releases/tag/v0.6.0) and let me know whether it works now.

Sorry for the inconvenience, all the best
    Lucas
  • Many thanks for solving this so quickly, Lucas!
    It seems to build to 100% now.

Best wishes,
    Carlijn